3 weeks late (04/30/13 00:00:00)
Fix various unicode and utf8 issues Installation using setuptools/easy_install/pip Drop python 2.3 compatibility (with some preparation for Python3 we can't afford support 2.3). Update manual and explain basic concepts.
Cover the distribution phase of installation: build an installer wizard on Windows (through InnoSetup/NSIS), a DEB/RPM for Linux and a DMG for Mac.
Left from previous milestone
- Fix windows service (#539, #559).
- Customizable (package-dependent) spec file
- Enable/disable importing modules from filesystem
- PyInstaller? home should be "read only", this is: no files are written there
- binchache is going to $HOME/.... (already implemented, but need to be changed)
Only ideas, to be discusses, not decided yet