Ticket #12 (new enhancement)
Hook for collecting files for PyEnchant
|Reported by:||openticket||Owned by:||matysek|
I've added PyEnchant?-1.3.0 to my program and cannot get PyInstaller? 1.3 to package it. PyEnchant? stores its dictionaries in C: \Python24\Lib\site-packages\enchant\share\enchant\myspell\. The files in here are plain text files: en_US.dic, en_US.aff, etc. ...
I finally found what I need to do. For the record, from http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=45346C4B.507... "You need to copy both the "share" and "lib" dirs from the enchant site-packages directory nto the dir of the exe. "share" contains the dictionaries themselves, while "lib" contains the enchant myspell plugin."
And Giovanni Bajo wrote:
OK. That can be taken care of using a setup program like InnoSetup?.
Anyway, I would like this to be fixed automatically by PyInstaller?. There is much infrastructure in place to pack trees of data files into the executable, unpack automatically them at startup, and let the package find them. This is the way the Tkinter support works, for instance.
Alas, that support is currently hardcoded for Tkinter. It would have to be generalized, so that one can write something like an extended import hook to handle that. It's not that hard to do, but I don't have time right now to do it.
But I would appreciate if you could open a ticket on the website reporting the exact problem and the findings you reported on the mailing list. This will make sure I won't forget about this, and I'll eventually have this fixed.
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Version changed from PyInstaller 1.2 to PyInstaller 1.3
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Summary changed from Using PyInstaller 1.3 with PyEnchant-1.3.0 to Hook for collection files for PyEnchant
- Summary changed from Hook for collection files for PyEnchant to Hook for collecting files for PyEnchant
- Owner changed from giovannibajo to matysek
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:15 Changed 14 months ago by htgoebel
- Milestone changed from PyInstaller 2.0 to PyInstaller 2.1