Ticket #207 (closed task: fixed)
drop compatibility for older python releases
|Reported by:||matysek||Owned by:|
- I think that support for older python releases should be droped in favor of python 3 support.
- I think that support for Python < 2.3 should be dropped.
- Other python projects dropped support for Python < 2.3 or 2.4 in favour of py3 (scons 2.0, sqlalchemy, lxml, waf)
- python 2.3 is available on RHEL4 and derivates
- source code and tests in svn works now only with python >= 2.3
- modules platform, zipimport, optparse is in py >= 2.3
- ctypes in python >= 2.5
- in branch waf, loader expects in python class exceptions.Warning - in python since 2.1
- pywin32 builds are available for python >= 2.3
- Owner changed from giovannibajo to matysek
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Priority changed from normal to highest
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Owner matysek deleted
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:11 Changed 16 months ago by htgoebel
- Milestone changed from PyInstaller 2.0 to PyInstaller 2.1
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.